6-3-1 MARRIED !!
We all have different type of routines when it comes to skin, hair and health. But when weddings come into the picture every girl has more or less similar goals – weight and beauty goals primarily.
But the big question here is where do you start ? What do you start with ? What do you have to do ? Who do you contact ? Whoa whoa whoa..!!! This is where we are going to stop you and of course help you to plan everything to the dot !
6 MONTHS TO GO !
6 months may seem like a lot of time usually but trust me when you are planning a wedding you will wish everyday had 48 hours ( oh wait I prayed for 62 hours and even more as the wedding day approached :p ). Okay, now here’s the list of things you should probably do 6 months before your big day :
1. WEIGHT LOSS GOALS – If you are on the heavy side this is the best time to start your weight loss goals – First of all do not try to lose weight drastically because some people tend to lose more weight on their face and end up looking entirely different from when you started. Like every other weight loss expert or trainers say “ DO NOT SET UNREALISTIC GOALS”, they never work and starving and crash diets during weddings are the worst possible idea ever !! You will need all the energy in the world to plan your big day.
Firstly, meet with a trainer and discuss your diet with him/her. They will give you an overall idea of what you are doing wrong, try to follow the diet and exercise plan your trainer charts down for you, it will work wonders !! Do not feel shy to tell them that you eat pizza for two meals a day or drink a whole bottle fizzy drinks, because only if you are totally honest with your trainer, they will tell you what to do and what not to do. STICK TO A SINGLE PLAN, do not try to change diet plans very frequently because you are not losing weight. Weight loss is a slow process and your body needs some time to adapt to it, but when the results start showing the wait will be totally worth it !!
P.S: Do not start thinking about your wedding dresses as yet because the sizes might differ after you have shed all that unwanted weight !! 😀
2. BIG FAT INDIAN WEDDINGS – If you are having one of those big fat indian weddings (which I am totally in favor of :p) you should start thinking about designing your wedding invites and picking the venue. Getting your cards printed much in advance will help you invite everybody at a peaceful pace without missing anyone and picking a venue is a great deal because, ah of course, it has to fit everybody to make your wedding a big fat one, duh !! 😛
3 MONTHS TO GO !
1. With 3 months to go you MUST start your skin and hair routines, if you have not started it yet. Your skin needs the best kind of care when it comes to your wedding. Home made remedies will work wonders for skin yes, but they are just not enough and you will not have time to make face masks and scrubs everyday at home ! So, CONSULT A DERMATOLOGIST and talk to them about your skin type, if you do not know what your skin type is get it analyzed right away ! Take vitamins for your hair, moisture your skin regularly and EAT RIGHT ( I’m not going into the details here because your dermatologist will do that for you).PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR DOC, THEY KNOW WHAT YOUR SKIN NEEDS !
2. OUCH !! WAX !!! – Okay, so of course you are thinking about your wedding night and honeymoon. This is the best time to try Brazilian or bikini wax if you have not tried it until now. Go to a good parlour and talk to them clearly as to how it works and then take a day or two to decide because the last thing you need is to get rashes right before the wedding !! You will feel shy when you are getting it done for the first time, that’s why the 3 month period, this way you will get used to it and can get it done at least 3 times before the wedding.
3. PEELS – This is also a good time to start considering skin peels. Some women either do not have time for monthly facials or are exposed to too much dirt everyday, so for these kind of women peels are the best ! But make sure you get a peel that is suitable for your skin only after consulting with your doctor. ( I am saying this from my personal experience, I got two skin lightening peels before the wedding and my skin looked radiant on my big day !! ) But the only disadvantage here is you might have to stay at home for 3-4 days during the peeling process.
4. JEWELLERY – Jewels are a vital part of your attire !! Do not google “ wedding jewellery” and just buy what ever looks good because what looks good on the models might not necessarily look nice on you. Go to different stores and try on different type of jewels and wear the entire set and look at yourself in the mirror for as long as you can :p just to make sure you are completely satisfied. Make sure the pieces suit your face structure.
( check out our post about where and how to buy gold jewellery )
5. DRESS – This section does not need much advice or suggestion from us. Pick whatever you think suits your body type the best, do not think about what others say. Just make sure your dress represents what you are, you do not HAVE to wear heavy lehengas or sarees just because weddings are meant to be that way !
6. PHOTOGRAPHER – Wedding pictures are the most important part of any ones lives and this aspect of weddings cannot be taken lightly. Talk to as many as wedding photographers as you can and pick the best of the lot because when you look back you live your wedding day only through your pictures. ( Read our post on wedding photographer-ARUN TITAN)
1 MONTH TO GO
With one month to go there is not much you can do. So, here’s a quick check list :
1. Talk to your make up artist and plan everything. Set up trial make up sessions because your skin will not change much in this last month. Try a couple of hairstyles and pick a one that suits your face and dress !
2. Make sure you have got all your alterations done especially if you are losing weight for the wedding.
- Pick the bangles and coordinate them with all your sarees and dresses.
- Call the mehendi lady and confirm with the dates.
- Make appointments for a day at the parlour 4 days before the wedding for a facial and last min threading and waxing.
- If you wear contact lens, make sure you order a couple of new pairs and put them in your make up box and if you are allergic to dust or anything keep those tablets handy too !!
- SEE A DENTIST and get your teeth cleaned and polished to make sure your smile sparkles on your big day !
- Find the perfect bra that matches your wedding dress ( read for more advice )
- Last but not the least CALL YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER and confirm the dates and timings one last time !!
Let us know what you think in the comments below