Biggest mistakes to avoid before the D-day !
- Not giving your hair enough nourishment – Listen to your grandmother. Oil gives all the nourishment your hair requires, make sure you get a deep penetrating oil massage followed by wash with a smoothening conditioner. If you don’t have time for a full on spa massage, a simple overnight coconut oil leave in should do ! Trust me! Your hair will need this given all the sprays and chemicals you are going to load on for your hairstyles on the big day !
2. Not getting a makeup trial – Even though you hire the best makeup artist in town, please please PLEASE make sure you get a make trial at least a month before the big day. Some of the brides-to-be shy away from make up trials because they are charged for the same! My advice is to consider the trial make up cost as a part of your makeup package.
You will be photographed from every angle possible so it is very important to avoid this mistake ! Make sure you tell the MUA what exactly you expect from them and how you want your look to turn out. Do not forget to carry reference pictures if needed ! 😀
3. DO NOT OBSESS ! We all need to come to terms with the fact that one person cannot handle everything all by themselves! I’m sure as brides, you want everything to be perfect. But the reality is, small mistakes on the big day is totally normal and there is nothing you can do to avoid it. So, please relax and delegate the work to people you trust !
4. Blowing the budget out of proportion ! – If you have a budget, stick to it ! Brides tend to splurge on everything possible becasue “Hey! its my wedding and I need to pamper myself”! Save the extra bucks for your honeymoon ! 😀
What ever be the case, do not let the budget or money mater cause a tension between you and your man.
5. Crash dieting !! Pick up any “how to lose weight” book and the first thing it tells you will be – DO NOT CRASH DIET! It is good wanting to lose those extra pounds before your big day, but set realistic goals. Don’t try to lose a lot of weight in a short span and end up stressing out to reach the goal. Don’t order your blouses and other dresses based on how much weight you might lose, stick to your current measurements !
BEAUTY DOES NOT COME IN A PARTICULAR SIZE!
Remember that your man fell in love with you with those extra pounds. He knows that he loves his curvy bride, so don’t stress yourself ! 😀 Instead go eat a piece of cake and relax 😛
6. Not allocating enough time for wedding/family portraits. This is most overlooked/taken for granted area when it comes to weddings. Posing for photos is a very time consuming job and these portraits are going to last a life time ! So make sure you allocate enough time for portraits before the actual event starts.
7. Identity crisis – At the end of the day, its YOUR wedding! Despite all the inspiration you take from all the forums available, remember to stick to your personality. Do not end up doing or wearing something that is not YOU! 😀
Until next time! 😀