Honeymoon Guide : GOA !!
Honeymoon is a special time for every newly married couple. I’m sure everyone would want to choose an exotic place as their honeymoon destination. While many choose a location outside India, there are so many beautiful places to explore in our own country. I love travelling and I recently made a trip to Goa and I just knew I had to put this gorgeous place under my honeymoon destination list on the blog.
Goa is an ideal place and it has always been one of the most beautiful honeymoon destinations in the whole of India. It’s being blessed with miles scenic beaches with swaying coconut palms, old Portuguese buildings, delicious cuisine and of course the easy-going Goans. So here’s your honeymoon guide to GOA!!
BEST TIME TO VISIT GOA :
I have been to Goa during the peak season (mid December – Mid Feb) and once during monsoons (mid June through August) as well. To my surprise, Goa was just the same even during rains, “hot and happening” :P. So if you would ask me, I would say “ANYTIME” !!
WHERE TO STAY :
I personally feel it depends on your interest level. If you are a party person then North Goa is the best place for you. But, on the other hand, if you like quiet beaches, relaxed vacations then head to south Goa. I prefer staying in North Goa any day! North Goa is THE happening place and everything is easily available here. You could rent a car or scooter and ride to South Goa/ North Goa either way.
Recommended hotels in North & South Goa :
- Vivanta by TAJ FORT AGUADA , Candolim, North Goa
- Tamarind, Anjuna, North goa
- Acron Waterfront Resort, Baga, North Goa
- The Baga Beach Resort, Baga, North Goa
- The park, Calangute,North Goa
- The leela palace, South Goa,
- The Zuri White Sands Resort and Casino, South Goa
- Alila Diwa , South Goa
- Holiday Inn, South Goa
WHAT TO PACK :
Make sure you carry breathable and light outfits. Don’t forget to carry your hat and sunscreen loti
THINGS TO DO :
- FIRST thing first , hire a scooter or car and go beach combing. Just in case if you want a car and driver to yourself then contact Mr.Ajith(09822144056), he is really helpful and he can take you around without any hassle.
Get a relaxing massage – Get a Balinese Massage at Snip Salon and Spa, which is located on the main road between Calangute and Candolim.
Visit the old churches at Velha Goa- the route is very scenic.
Try local cuisine – I love the beef/prawn xacuti !
Go paragliding/ water sports at Anjuna beach.
Go for a casino date.
- Romantic walk by the beach.
Get that tattoo you have always wanted!!
Visit the flea market.(wed at Anjuna, sat night at Arpora)
Have sex on the beach, orgasm, lick my peach…and such cocktails at Baga. 😉
Sun bathe while reading a book at Candolim beach- Candolim beach is my favourite of the whole lot !
Watch sunset with your loved one from Chapora fort.
MUST VISIT RESTAURANTS/ CLUBS :
- Thalassa : Visit this absolutely divine Greek restaurant called Thalassa in Vagatore, North Goa. Make sure you make a reservation before going, otherwise be ready to wait for good 40 minutes !! Sunset from this restaurant is stunning and this has to be my favourite place in Goa !!<3
- La Plage : La Plage is an amazing french restaurant in Morjim.
- Britto’s : This place needs no introduction , I’m sure.. A must visit in everyone’s list.
- Curlies : Another famous spot to hang out late night in North goa is Curlies.
- Calamari : This is another favourite in Candolim and make sure you try their spicy calamari
- Club Tito’s : One of the first and most popular clubs in Goa. It’s worth every single penny.
- LPK Waterfront(Night Club) : LOVE PASSION KARMA! Need I say more? 😉
Advice to those travelling :
- Most of the shacks don’t accept credit/debit cards. Make sure you carry enough cash in hand.
- Keep yourself hydrated with water. Even if you are in a coastal town, the heat can sap your energy.
- If you wish to taste the local varieties of liquor- Feni and Urrak, please do remember to limit the intake amount. It may taste smooth, but make no mistake – they are potent.
- Airtel 4G is not available just as yet. So make sure you call customer care and make some arrangements before you leave.
- Always ask your hotel staff to help you rent a bike/car. It’s much safer.
Do let us know if you have more places to add to the above list !!
UNTIL NEXT POST,