My favourite weight loss drinks and smoothies!!
The holiday season is almost over. This means it’s time to shed those extra pounds gained during the season ! Before you start working out like a crazy person to get rid of all the junk you ate, you should cleanse your body (detox) so that the workout actually start to show results. With all the junk still in your body it is highly unlikely that your workouts will prove fruitful.
So, in this post I am going to talk about some detox drinks and smoothies which will help you get rid of the excess pounds clubbed with a healthy lifestyle.
I’m also going to be sharing my personal experience about how I changed my food habits.
LESSONS THAT MY BODY TAUGHT ME.
A while back I fell very sick and I couldn’t eat anything solid for 4 whole days and all that I was allowed was liquid food. My doc told me I had problems with my digestive system and that I wasn’t drinking enough water to flush out the toxins. This is when I realised it was high time I changed my food habits, since then I’ve been obsessed with organic/heathy food. I did not go out a low cal or low fat diet per se but just changed my eating habits. So, all you have to do is listen to your body. When your body is not accepting a certain type of food it tells you by way of indigestion mainly so be sure to listen what your body says.
LESSONS FROM THE BROTHER.
My brother is a health freak. He taught me that binging is not a bad thing once in awhile and that supplements are our friends. I absolutely love green tea supplements however, I do not take them religiously (which I should change). If you are a regular exercise person, green tea supplements boost your metabolism in a wonderful way !!
He also told me that portions are very very important. It’s not about what you eat but about how much you eat.
LESSONS FROM THE HUSBAND.
I absolutely adore my husbands eating habits. He makes sure he eats right and gets exercise at least five days a week. Here are some of his eating habits I’ve adopted :
1. Do not eat sugar. If you’re eating out and think that your drink has sugar request the restaurant to skip the sugar syrup.
2. Say good night to salt after 7 PM.
3. Buy fresh meat-not frozen meat.
4. Eating out is not a bad thing as long as you know what you are eating. For example butter, cheese or Mayo are not bad for health, you just need to consume them in lesser quantities.
5. It’s not about how much you weigh, it’s about fitting better into clothes.
So girls, your better half may actually have some life changing habits that you may not have noticed. Watch keenly. Lol.
Now to the drinks finally. LOL.
1. Scoop the pulp out of one grapefruit and add 1 tablespoon of honey to it and blend to make a juice (Have this drink after your headiest meal).
2. Dr. Oz’s green drink.
3. In a large jug mix the juice of one whole lemon (medium-sized), cucumber slices a whole bunch of mint leaves grapefruit segments or watermelon cubes with 1 to 2 L of water.
4. Mix juice of one grapefruit/orange/pineapple with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and and 1 tablespoon of honey.
These juices can be consumed throughout the day. Prepare the drinks in advance and carry them around in a sipper so that you can just sip these drinks instead of water.
As you can see all the drinks have grapefruit juice in it, this is because grapefruit is very very helpful in weight loss. It also helps in Cellulite reduction, boosts immunity and also helps you stay hydrated throughout the day.
SKIP MEAL SMOOTHIE
This smoothies can be substituted for one meal (Not breakfast).
1. Take any berries of your choice and mix it with half a cup of milk, half a cup of Greek of lowfat yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of honey.
2. Take half a cup of rolled oats mix it with half a banana, half a cup of berries of your choice, 2 tablespoons of honey and one cup of soy milk or one cup of low-fat milk. You can also add vanilla extract (optional).
The berry smoothie is my favourite as it is very very filling and also very tasty.
You can substitute these smoothies for one meal for about 3 to 4 days and have light food for the other meals.
I hope you guys find this post useful ! Kick start your year in a healthy way !!
I wish our lovely readers very very happy, prosperous and love filled New Year!! 😀
Tell us how are you celebrated your New year and what you think about the post.
Until next time,