Pro Hacks for brides with oily skin.
So, the most dreaded season of the year is just around the corner. *SIGH*!! As everyone is switching from cold creams to sun screens, the summer brides need to crank their skin care routine up a notch and start prepping their skin well in advance for the big day!
Well, there are the good old tricks of not eating a lot of greasy food, not washing your face too much, not using a cream based moisturiser, toning your skin etc etc. While these tricks are adequate, you might have to consider the following if you are going to be a summer bride to make sure you do not have breakouts/skin problems close to the big day. So, here goes..
1. Switch from a moisturiser to a skin gel, this way your pores will not get clogged and in turn you will not breakout as much. Let’s be honest, no amount of concealing will beat the joy of having clear skin. And start using a toner, toning tightens pores which in turn causes lesser production of sebum on the skin. Always lean towards using an alcohol free toner.
Suggested gel : CLINIQUE DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURISING LOTION
2. Inform your make up artist about your skin type and ask them if they can use matt products instead of shimmery products. Also, on the day of your trial make up make sure you leave the make-up on for at least a good six hours to see if it oxidises on your face. Make up usually oxidises on oily skin, so if your make up oxidises make sure to inform your artist so that they will help you tackle the problem on your big day.
3. If you have extremely oily skin try and work out a look to keep your face (base) make up basic without layering it up too much and go all out with your eye and lip make up so that your skin can breathe throughout the day without too much creasing.
4. Always always always ask your bridesmaid to keep blotting paper handy this way you can remove the excess oil off your face during the events.
Suggested blotting paper : NYX BLEMISH CONTROL BLOTTING PAPER
5. Opt for a mattifying primer before you put on your foundation as opposed to a regular moisturising primer.
6. Ice cubes – this is probably the oldest trick in the book. Before you put on any make-up take an ice cube and rub it all over your face to immediately tighten pores and to stop excess production of sebum.
P.S. All the products that I have mentioned are the products that i personally use and absolutely love!
Do let us know if you have any other hacks that you swear by !
Until next time,